A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth to cover the tooth, restoring its shape and size, strength, and improve its appearance.
Crowns are used to:
- Restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- Cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left
- Hold a dental bridge in place
- Cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- Cover a dental implant
- Make a cosmetic modification
Dental bridges literally bridge the gap created by one or more missing teeth.
A bridge is made up of two or more crowns for the teeth on either side of the gap and a false tooth/teeth in between.
- Restore your smile
- Restore the ability to properly chew and speak
- Maintain the shape of your face
- Distribute the forces in your bite properly by replacing missing teeth
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position